Thursday 24 October 2019

Thoughts On the Second Anniversary of My Mother’s Death


Thoughts On the Second Anniversary of My Mother’s Death

Two years today
You returned to the source;
Mother, from whence I came
My origins contained
In the crematorium urn; reminder of
Our dusty nature-
How parts of us emit about our world, clinging to all that we encounter;
Always leaving some of our selves.
The sperm and egg that begat my flesh and bone;
The universal spirit slides
Intentions and abundance
This is our life; brief in this case, vase, this form, this vehicle
But long after the dust is sealed by sandy tegument
Or polished, smooth urn rests
Our actions; our only true possession
Carries a legacy;
The DNA/RNA weave, serpent like ouroboros
Rainbows and rain; flowers mashed by manic storms
Slamming seeds into earth;
Violence of the big bang begets the beauty that abounds
In the brevity that is our moment; connecting us all
Immortal.


Edmonton, AB, Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment