Wednesday 14 November 2018

Behaviours of Others

Don’t let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace.

~ Dalai Lama



Sometimes I can feel like I have no inner peace to begin with. So often, I feel the tumult of chaos and exhaustion in every fibre of my being. I often feel that I have given more than I have to give, leaving me with a sense of both an emotional and physical deficit. I know that I am not alone in these feelings. We need to build within if we are to withstand life’s storms. We need a rock upon which to build and supports the structure of self that we am endeavouring to construct. Our foundations oftentimes feel as if composed on sand, with the wind perpetually in our faces. We need a vacation - a time to rebuild and replenish ourselves, and free from the distraction of those niggling gremlins of doubt and self-defeat - none of that is real, but, rather, an illusion for our undisciplined minds. We are born to serve, as we are communal creatures, but all tools require maintenance if they are to continue to be of any use at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment