Wednesday 14 November 2018

The Wisdom Of Knowing One's Self

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

~ Aristotle



Isolating one’s self is difficult with all of the masks which we wear and roles that we play. Is there a single self in all of this, or are we all of these external selves born of that which is within our being? Is the actor the role or is there a governing self from which all these arms attach to as they reach outward? “Of these things I’ve become” is tattooed on my arm as it is part of my story depicted through ink on skin. I believe there is a central core of self, but, as we are shaped by our experiences and genetics, I wonder to what extent it exists independently… energy matter. We often play roles in which we are uncomfortable, and others where we are happy. Is this perhaps the looking glass of our true inherent selves?

No comments:

Post a Comment